Friday, September 26, 2008

Spectators

Ok. I just had the awesome experience of watching a sporting even with another couple. I highly recommend taking another couple with you to your favorite events. I do not care if it is NASCAR, plays, musicals, soccer or what ever. It was totally entertaining watching someone else enjoy the experience that sometimes I take for granted. Watching them cheer, stand up, high five strangers and completely immerse themselves into the game reminded me of how exciting these things can be. It is especially cool when you take people to high level events. I can remember when my day used to take us to Hill Auditorium to listen to the University of Michigan student orchestra play. No they weren't professionals (yet) but darn were they good. Plus, I can not play any instrument so how would I know if they weren't any good. I had a great time and it opened my eyes to a different cultural experience. Do it. Take someone to something different. Maybe not something that is different for you but something that is different for them. And when you do it... sit back and observe their reactions. Watch their joy. Watch them experience what you may have taken for granted. It will refresh your experience and increase your enjoyment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I have to ask.... are you still selling cars??? We bought a car from you...oooh....back in September of 2000....turned out, we were both at Steubenville at the same time...anyhow.... while stumbling around facebook I joined up with the Steubie Ubies and found your blog...Nice to see you are back in the area. We are in Tecumseh, a lovely little town away from the "hustle and bustle" of the Ann Arbor area.... Ok...I'm rambling....just fun to find your blog....
~Heather Franco

DynastyDad said...

No I am not selling cars (I wish) It is my dream someday to own a small used car lot. Yes I know Tecumseh. My in-laws live in Manchester. Add me as a friend on facebook. I hope I served you well and that the car you purchased from me served you as well.