Monday, September 10, 2007

Blog Comments

Everyone likes to be recognized. When you speak to someone for the first time it is polite to use their name repeatedly. This helps you remember their name and builds raport. It makes them feel more comfortable talking with you and vice versa. I think the same applies to blogging. When you read someones blog it is polite to comment on it. Agree or disagree it is nice to get feedback and it is welcome. Ask questions when you don't understand their perspective or when you disagree. My Dad used to say, "Praise in public and punish in private" and I try to follow that advice. Pleople seem to think that I am confontational but I think I am just curious and inquisitive. I will ask a lot of questions when I do not understand someone or something. I was told in school that arguing is meant to unearth the truth... Not to win by proving the other person wrong. I agree. It is better to learn and know than to persuade. Please post comments. The more comments I get, the more likely I will want to respond. Share your thoughts, questions and concerns. It will make everything more interesting. Thanks, DD

2 comments:

Lynne said...

Mike, Comments are always wonderful for a blogger.Please don't let the lack of them stop you from sharing your "Biased Opinions". Write for yourself, not for others and the readers will tune in. Brand new blogs take a while to catch on. You are a great writer, keep at it. Lynne

Anonymous said...

Mike,
Echoing what Lynne said--just keep writing! I know what it's like to spend a long time working on something that you think is really good, get excited to share with others, only to see that big "0" staring back at you the next day (or week, or month!) But I really believe that although writing is often a gift for the reader, it is primarily a gift God gives to the writer. God uses this gift to bless writers with disicipline, humility, trust, and a deeper understanding of the subject matter. Keep trying to transform the world using this gift, and through it you will be transformed too. Good deal, huh?